You cannot absolutely prove your claims about Christianity. Therefore, it’s all just your opinion/interpretation.
- Everything is an interpretation, including the view that “it’s just your interpretation.”
- No one as absolute proof about anything. We do the best we can. That’s life.
- Christians don’t claim absolute proof. We claim trust rooted in evidence.
- It’s not just one persons interpretation but over one billion. A billion people can be wrong but a careful thinker should examine the claims before dismissing them.
- ‘Truth’ does not require ‘proof.’ For example, “I have a winning lottery ticket.” Just because the person has no proof does not mean they do not have a winning ticket.
- Is all truth realative? Are you absolutely sure? If so, this would be an absolute truth and the statement is therefore false.
- People who say, “That’s just your opinion/interpretation” mean that their statement is true for everyone. But if they were consistant they’d just have to say that it’s their opinion/interpretation and they could be wrong.
- If all claims are just an interpretation, there is no truth to search for, just opinions.
- Some consider absolute truth claims to be close-minded. Therefore, these people are close-minded to the idea of finding truth: it’s contradictory.
- The claim that all truth is just opinion/interpretation is a truth claim and therefore contradictory and hypocritical.