- If Jesus was God, what Jesus said would be true because God cannot lie.
- Jesus claimed to be God and proved it by the resurrection.
- Jesus quoted extensively from the Old Testament as God’s Word.
- The New Testament was written by men who believed they were writing scripture (ex., 2 Peter 3:15-16).
- Most of these men died for their beliefs. A deceived person may die for a lie but a lair does not die for their own lie when they could stop or recant and live.
- Therefore, the testimony of the New Testament writers about Jesus is trustworthy. They were writing what God inspired them to – God’s Word.
Explaining Christianity with Simplicity