Jesus said when you judge another to help them, judge yourself first (Matthew 7:5). So how have Christians been a part in bringing about same-sex marriage? (My use of “we” means the majority of Christians).
- We Have Not Made Disciples – The Great Commission has become the Great Suggestion – and most Christians suggest someone else make disciples. The result? Even our own children are not adequately discipled and are leaving the faith in droves. With fewer devout Christians in society, our light is dim compared to the secular/progressive spotlight.
- We Unsanctified Marriage – First, we have embraced no-fault divorce. Second, we have not held to a biblical sexuality (sex only within marriage). Marriage is no longer sacred and special to Christians as God intended. We’ve brought the institution down to the level for others to access it.
- We Are a Moral Mess – High porn use, per-marital sex, and divorce rates have left us impotent to uphold the sanctity of marriage. We don’t even believe in it.
How Can We Take the Log Out of Our Eye
- Make Disciples – As instructors learn more from teaching than their students, making disciples helps grow our faith. It’s not just for someone else, although that should be enough, but for ourselves, exercising our faith which makes us stronger.
- Sanctify Marriage – Reserve sex for marriage, do not engage in a no-fault divorce when the going gets tough, and encourage others to do the same. One of the best testimonies for Christianity is strong, intact marriages.
- Sanctify Ourself – Live lives of sexual holiness so we are not prohibited by hypocrisy in upholding righteousness.
The speed and depth of the current moral revolution could not occur without Christians being complicit. God’s hand and hedge of protection is being lifted from our land. Are we going to keep breaking God commands and encourage others to do the same or love Jesus and obey His commandments (Mark 14:15)?