A response to Pastor Danny Cortez of New Heart Community Church regarding his understanding of and obedience to what the Bible really says.
How can you claim the Bible is true when you haven’t read through every holy book in the world? Maybe one of them is true?
Truth is not determined by reading false ideas. Truth is what equals the facts and everything contradicting the truth is false. If one determines the bible to be true, reading contradictory truth claims is not necessary to claim the bible’s validity.
Note: To be open minded and informed, I have read the works of the major world religions and cults. I still find the bible to be true. Why not read it for yourself?
- If Jesus was God, what Jesus said would be true because God cannot lie.
- Jesus claimed to be God and proved it by the resurrection.
- Jesus quoted extensively from the Old Testament as God’s Word.
- The New Testament was written by men who believed they were writing scripture (ex., 2 Peter 3:15-16).
- Most of these men died for their beliefs. A deceived person may die for a lie but a lair does not die for their own lie when they could stop or recant and live.
- Therefore, the testimony of the New Testament writers about Jesus is trustworthy. They were writing what God inspired them to – God’s Word.