Careful research and examination show other holy books to be false.
1. The Quran denies the historical fact of the crucifixion and claims salvation might be obtained by good works outweighing bad works. But once one is guilty of sinning against God, they need forgiveness, for guilt can never be erased with good deeds.
2. The Book of Mormon has no archaeological support and plagiarises the book of Isaiah straight out of the King James Version. Also, their erroneous concept of God is that He is finite. They claim God was once a man like us who came a God. But this leads them to the illogical claim of an infinite regress of finite gods.
3. Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the Jewish Messiah in the Old Testament as well as resurrected from the dead. Most Jews have rejected their Messiah just as Isaiah prophesied (Isaiah 53).
Careful research and examination show the Bible to be true.
1. Historically accurate. For example, Dr. Collin Hemer’s research found no errors in the Book of Acts (www.harvardhouse.com/acts-credible.htm)
2. Logical plan of salvation. Goodness never erases guilt and this is why God had to stand in our place, take the punishment we can not take, and offers us a pardon (forgiveness) of our crimes.
3. Archaeological supported (www.bib-arch.org).
4. Coherent concept of God. I personally expect the infinite creator of the universe to be beyond my full comprehension, but not apprehension as with Mormonism.
5. Fulfilled prophecies (www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophecy-evid…
6. Resurrection (see www.garyhabermas.com).
7. The confirmation of the Holy Spirit.
Christians deny that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that he IS God. How can you be the Son of someone else and someone else at the same time. What then, does this mean in the Bible? From St John:
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34 And I saw, and bare arecord that this is the SON OF GOD
John 10: 30 “I and the Father are one.” 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”
So here we have Jesus as Son and God and the original audience’s reaction.
Understanding the bible, or any literature, requires understanding the cultural, historical, linguistic, and religious contexts.