We were told that LGBT rights/acceptance would hurt no-one. The follow is a running list showing the opposite.
27. In a letter sent to the National Collegiate Athletic Association, more than 80 lesbian, gay and transgender organizations urged the NCAA to “divest from all religious-based institutions” that won’t affirm transgender students.
26. Cattle rancher Gene King had his application for a special interstate transport license turned down by the U.S. Department of Agriculture because his address sites a banned word. He lives in Gay, Georgia
25. Kim Davis, a county clerk in KY, has been harassed, jailed, and will ultimately lose her job for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licences. Many other clerks and judges throughout the United States have resigned as opposed to being fired.
24. According to Dr. Richard A. Friedman, a professor of clinical psychiatry, many professional colleagues are fearful of reprisals from the transgender community.
23. Several Denver City Council members want to stop Chick-fil-A from opening at Denver International Airport (DIA), claiming the fast food chain CEO’s support of “biblical marriage” would hurt the city’s reputation.
22. The Boy Scouts of America felt they had to cave in on their membership standards regarding gays or the courts could eliminate all their membership standards in the future. Seventy percent of Boy Scout troops are affiliated with a church.
21. California has to provided a transgender prisoner with the sex reassignment surgery (SRS).
20. Gordon College in MA lost relationships and teaching opportunities for students at nearby cities, the loss of a key backer for a federal grant, a review by the regional college accrediting agency, and campus protest and alumni pushback over whether the school should maintain its ban on “homosexual practice” as part of its life and conduct standards.
19. Churches, like GracePointe in TN and City Church in CA, cave into pressure and approve of homosexuality. Their members must then find new churches or compromise on homosexuality themselves.
18. Fitness clubs are losing money and club members are losing places to exercise as businesses comply with gender identity discrimination ordinances because many people are not comfortable using a locker room with others of the opposite biological sex.
17. All who are demonized as ignorant, hateful, homophobic bigots for their religious/moral concerns.
16. In 2013, Aloha Bed & Breakfast in Hawaii was sued and lost for turning down a lesbian couple. They now must accommodate same-sex couples against their religious beliefs.
15. In February 2015, San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone was criticized for implementing a Catholic morality code (no gay relationships, abortions, etc.) for Catholic high school faculty and staff under his leadership.
14. At Acalanes High School in Lafayette , CA 14 and 15 year old students were singled out and ridiculed during English classes by the Queer Straight Alliance for not being LGBT affirming.
13. In January 2015 the California Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee on the Code of Judicial Ethics prohibited judges from affiliation with the Boy Scouts of America because it does not allow gay and lesbian adults to serve as leaders.
12. Ms. Gillian John-Charles was kicked out of a doctoral program in education at Roosevelt University for expressing in class her belief that homosexuals aren’t born gay.
11. Jennifer Keeton was dismissed from the counseling program at Augusta State University for her religious reservations about the homosexuality.
10. Craig James was fired by Fox Sports Southwest after expressing his support for natural marriage while he was a candidate for the United States Senate.
9. Vermont’s Wildflower Inn no longer hosts weddings after being fined $30,000 for turning away a same-sex couple.
8. Baker Melissa Klein was fined by the government for refusing to do a wedding. Along with a boycott effort she went out of business.
7. Florist Barronelle Stutzman was sued by the government because she would not serve a gay wedding for a customer she had been serving for the past nine years.
6. University of California Hastings College of Law in 2004 strips the campus chapter of the Christian Legal Society of recognition because it required officers and voting members to share and abide by the group’s core beliefs which violated “sexual orientation” provisions.
5. Colin Collette, a gay man, worked as the music director of Holy Family Catholic Community in Inverness, Illinois for 17 years. Legal SSM gave him the idea to come out as gay and it got him fired. He is now suing his church (1 Corinthians 6). (He claims the church knew he was in a gay relationship. The church should have acted at that time – 1 Corinthians 5).
4. Former Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran who was fired for writing a book which made his biblical views concerning homosexuality public.
3. Co-founder and CEO of Mozilla, Brendan Eich, was pressured to resign from his own company because he gave a donation in favor of Prop 8 which supported marriage in California as only between one man and one woman
2. New Mexico’s Elane Photography was sued and forced to pay compensation to a gay couple for refusing to photograph their wedding.
1. Donald and Evelyn Knapp, owners of Hitching Post Wedding Chapel in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho had to file a lawsuit (which they prevailed) to challenge their cities new discrimination ordinance. They also had to restructure their corporation and policies. Besides their legal costs their business can no longer perform any civil ceremonies.