Why do you act as if the lack of absolute morality within atheism has any bearing on the alleged truthfulness of Christianity? That is a fallacy of appeal to consequences.
A Moral Argument for God’s Existence
- Absolute morals require a transcendent Moral Law Giver
- Absolute morals exist (e.i., murdering for fun is always wrong, everywhere, at all times)
- Therefore, a transcendent Moral Law Giver exists
The argument is not meant to prove the Christian God, only the existence of a personal, moral God. Other arguments help determine who God is.
“In logic, appeal to consequences refers only to arguments which assert a premises truth value (true or false) based on the consequences; appeal to consequences does not refer to arguments that address a premises desirability (good or bad, or right or wrong) instead of its truth value. Therefore, an argument based on appeal to consequences is valid in ethics, and in fact such arguments are the cornerstones of many moral theories, particularly related to consequentialism. ”
So the argument is valid in ethics, but this is not even an issue because the appeal to consequences argument structure is different than the moral argument anyway.
Also from Wikipedia:
- If P, then Q will occur.
- Q is desirable.
- Therefore, P is true.
For more on the moral argument, click here.
Careful research and examination show other holy books to be false.
1. The Quran denies the historical fact of the crucifixion and claims salvation might be obtained by good works outweighing bad works. But once one is guilty of sinning against God, they need forgiveness, for guilt can never be erased with good deeds.
2. The Book of Mormon has no archaeological support and plagiarises the book of Isaiah straight out of the King James Version. Also, their erroneous concept of God is that He is finite. They claim God was once a man like us who came a God. But this leads them to the illogical claim of an infinite regress of finite gods.
3. Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the Jewish Messiah in the Old Testament as well as resurrected from the dead. Most Jews have rejected their Messiah just as Isaiah prophesied (Isaiah 53).
Careful research and examination show the Bible to be true.
1. Historically accurate. For example, Dr. Collin Hemer’s research found no errors in the Book of Acts (www.harvardhouse.com/acts-credible.htm)
2. Logical plan of salvation. Goodness never erases guilt and this is why God had to stand in our place, take the punishment we can not take, and offers us a pardon (forgiveness) of our crimes.
3. Archaeological supported (www.bib-arch.org).
4. Coherent concept of God. I personally expect the infinite creator of the universe to be beyond my full comprehension, but not apprehension as with Mormonism.
5. Fulfilled prophecies (www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophecy-evid…
6. Resurrection (see www.garyhabermas.com).
7. The confirmation of the Holy Spirit.